« Back to the search engine | Blog Home
4 Door Jeep Wranglers Popular
December 4th 2006 @ 2:39 pm Jeep News

It looks like the 4 door Jeep Wrangler may be here to stay, as DaimlerChrysler’s Toledo Ohio production plant is having trouble keeping up with consumer demand for the new Jeep. The plant already has 59,000 orders for 2007 Jeep Wranglers, mostly for the four door version of the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. To put that into perspective, that’s around 75% of the total number of Wranglers sold in the U.S. last year. The surge in demand is welcome news to the 4,500 plus employees that work at the plant, since overtime pay is being offered throughout the Christmas holiday season to keep up with demand.

By this time next year, 4 door Jeep Wrangler Unlimiteds should be a common site on the road and maybe on the trails, too.

Source: Toledo Blade

No Tags listed

Post author: Bill

• Jeep door thieves net $100k - get busted
  • Jeep “Stick in the Mud” Contest
  • About this site
  • Jeep Blog - Expanded Jeep Focus
  • Fake Company Jeep
  • rss 23 comments
    1. Bob
      December 5th, 2006 | 10:23 pm

4-door unlimited idea is cool, but the interior is made for soccer moms, not traditional off-roaders. The engine-transmission package is absolutely unaceptable for a true Jeep. No low-end torque–is made for highway cruising. Put the L-6 or a diesel in it, and it will sell to the tradional Jeep customer.

2. mike raher
      December 6th, 2006 | 3:31 pm

can i rent a 4-door wrangler

3. December 25th, 2006 | 2:01 pm

Is this the same as the Dodge Nitro?

4. December 29th, 2006 | 6:15 pm

Good question Steve. I believe the Nitro is based on the 4 door JK Wrangler.

5. Scott
      January 11th, 2007 | 4:13 pm

Actually, the Nitro is Dodge’s version of the Liberty.

6. craig
      January 30th, 2007 | 10:33 pm

Actually the new Wrangler has more low end torque than the traditional straight six. Also, the interior is still removable to clean and there are still drain plugs to wash it out the cabin.

Just because the new motor comes from the Town and Courntry mini van does not mean the new Wranger is for soccer moms.

7. Doug
      February 3rd, 2007 | 10:03 pm

I have heard that the engine in the new Wrangler Unlimited (3.8L V6) is bending valves. Anyone else hear such?

8. janell
      February 4th, 2007 | 1:11 pm

I OWN A JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR. I LOVE IT. I’VE OWNED A SUZUKI, ISUZU, AND A
      NISSAN, SUV 4X4 AND THIS BY FAR IS THE MOST CAPABLE AND ENJOYABLE AND FUN.
      IT’S RUGGED,AND DOES WELL DURING MINNESOTA WINTER DRIVING. HAVE NOT USED
      4X4 YET.

9. gina
      February 6th, 2007 | 10:13 pm

As soon as the new 4 door came to our town we test drove one and then ordered a white one. Took 3 months to get it, but well worth the wait. In 1mo we have put over 4000 miles on it as we drove it to Ohio for Christmas. Got around 20 mpg. We have also gone off road and it did better than our friends 1995 YJ. The best part will be going “TOP LESS” this summer!!!! You can see us at Arklatexjeeps.com krawlin’ at Superlift ORV Park Hot Springs Arkansas.

10. Jeremy
      February 13th, 2007 | 2:29 am

Can you get lift kits for the 4 door jeep. I’ve seen strictly stock models on the road.

11. MS
      February 14th, 2007 | 2:52 pm

Yeah I don’t really like how friggin’ long the 2007 Jeep Wrangler is. I just want the older shorter body with a turbo diesel engine — is that so much to ask with inflated gas prices and horrible gasoline fuel efficiency?

12. schub
      April 7th, 2007 | 8:58 am

Got a silver 4 door three weeks ago. Went for a Larado but the 4 door, for me, was more comfortable.
      I’ve had 5 2 door wranglers & a Grand Larado. I wanted a little more back room and seats for my grandkids. Also, finally a smooth riding
      Wrangler with really good music, nice.
      Gas on first two tanks, around town.. 14-15. Can’t have everything.
      Anybody have more info the the little book on changing from the hard top to the soft top? Also, using a bluetooth phone with the stereo?
      I feel shortchanged on the how-to that comes with the Jeep.

13. April 27th, 2007 | 10:28 pm

my next vehicle will be the 4door wrangler.

14. May 15th, 2007 | 2:25 pm

my wife and i just got a 07 jeep wrangler unlimited 4 door, ” and we love it”. We had a limited liberty and really enjoyed the class of the vehicle, untill we met the “wrangler”. when we first test drove it, we wondered why every time we passed a jeep they would wave!! little did we know, “ITS A JEEP THING” so if you didn’t know, dont forget to wave when you see a wrangler pass you by. and schub we felt the same way about the directions but our luck we live next to a jeep freak.

15. Rene
      May 30th, 2007 | 4:21 pm

I love my 4 door Wrangler Unlimited. Take off the front hard tops and it feels you are riding a Harley Davidson motorcycle but much safer!

Rene

16. Melissa Jeep
      May 30th, 2007 | 11:02 pm

I just bought a 2007 jeep wrangler 4 dr sahara and I took the hard top off and I was trying to put the soft top on and it is very difficult. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the soft top to stretch to the back so I can put it on and attach it around the edges? It is so tight that I can’t get it to work.

17. Schub
      June 6th, 2007 | 9:12 am

Bob- you are lucky. Enjoy your Jeep.

I got everything working OK, but I think it was harder than it should be.

If JEEP reads these articles:

There should be a way to keep doors open when getting in and out and especially the back gate. Loading, even on a slight incline closes the door while you are trying to access the back.

Also, this Jeep would be perfect for a diesel engine!

Hate the mileage but I love the Jeep.

18. joe ake
      June 26th, 2007 | 3:08 am

I drove it today I felt that the moter would be perfect with a rear mount turbo I can not find a
      a kit for it well I guess Ill have to build one…

19. Allan
      August 30th, 2007 | 4:53 pm

Looking at the 4 door and had heard that the hard top leaks. Is this a commmon problem?

20. dale
      October 10th, 2007 | 12:00 pm

I bought a 4 dr jeep wrangler for my wife and she just loves it.
      And so do our 2 kids that is all we drive now. The solf top is very easy to
      handle after you have been shown .. I drive the jeep whenever I can.
      Great fun

21. Charlotte
      October 26th, 2007 | 9:38 pm

anyone having issues with the 2007 Unlimited 4 door soft top leaking? I live in very rainy climate and when the front doors are opened the water just pours in! Just today after a rain storm the drivers side floor board was one huge puddle!!! HELP! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

22. Roland Gagnon
      November 22nd, 2007 | 10:26 am

I’m having trouble locating half doors for my 2007 four door.
      Any clue as to where they can be purchased?

23. kelli
      December 10th, 2007 | 4:19 pm

I just bought a 2008 4 door Unlimited with a soft top which I love, but I’m having
      problems with taking the top off. I just don’t think it is right and the dealership/ horrible
      instructions were no help. Has anyone seen an instructional video posted online anywhere?
      I have found info on the 2 doors, but nothing for the 4 doors. Any help would be great and
      much appreciated! Thanks and Merry Christmas!
      Kelli :)

comment on this article

Notice: All comments are moderated. Your comment will appear once approved.